So, I've always known I married an amazing man. I've thought, "If I married up, what does that mean about how he married?!" His birthday is coming up soon and I've thought and thought about what I could do for him that would be meaningful. This week, I think he got some pretty amazing news that is the perfect compliment to him.
He got accepted into the Master's program he applied for in Educational Leadership. And he was named the Teacher of the Year at his school. Pretty impressive! He would never tell anyone, so I thought I'd do a little bragging about my wonderful husband. He works in a contained unit at a junior high with students labeled "Emotionally Disturbed." Their diagnoses can be oppositional defiant, bipolar, and schizophrenic. He is one of two teachers with this unit in the whole of Alpine School District. This is his fourth year--the longest they've kept anyone. The previous average was 2 years. He juggles teaching students in grades from 7th to 9th, most of whom cannot read. He teaches all subjects, after he manages to maintain some level of order in the room. I could go on and on about all of the good that he does, but it neat for me to see that he is being recognized by his peers. The award was the result of votes from his fellow teachers. I'd post a nice picture, but just this information is more than enough attention for him!
Happy Birthday, Peter. I love you!
4 comments:
That's great! Happy birthday too. Does he work at Alpine Summit?? Just curious.I worked there as a mentor.
Congrats thats so exciting! Are you guys going to have to move for the masters program?
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That brings tears to my eyes... Peter is SOooo amazing and there just aren't words enough to describe what a compassionate and charitable person he is... I am so happy he was recognized for the love and hard work he pours into those kids. And what great news that he was accepted into the Masters program. AWESOME! I'm honored to have him as my brother! --Ipo
Awesome! I think we all fall short of acknowledging the good in those around us, sometimes those that are the closest to us. My hat off to you bothaH!
Post a Comment