Joanna, this is primarily on my blog because I knew you would be falling out of your chair laughing at work. Otherwise, I would never share this. So, here goes...
I took a water aerobics class at BYU with girls my age and it was the best exercise for me since I have a back injury. So, I decided to start another water aerobics class at our local rec center this week. I showed up for the class and felt a little conspicuous being the only one under the age of 65 (possibly 70)--including the teacher. But I knew I could just intensify the level of the workout on my own. I was doing great until we went to the deep end. The teacher instructed us to get a noodle and a partner. We straddled the noodle, back to back, and she told us to chicken fight. That is, we both did a sort of modified doggie-paddle in each direction and tried to out-muscle the other. So, you can picture it, I'm sure. And this gentle gray-haired grandma schooled me. She had me going backwards, as I paddled with all of my might to go the other way. I did feel the burn. I didn't have to modify the work-out...it was a great muscle burn! I have a new appreciation for these gals. Sorry, no picture.
4 comments:
I just want you to know that Joanna wasn't the only one laughing! :) That is awesome! Love and Miss you!
Ooooh man--I wish there was a picture! Funny.
no need to apologize about the picture. There was a pretty good visual anyway. That was hilarious!
A picture isn't needed because I can see it all. Thanks for a good laugh.
Post a Comment