Saturday, April 18, 2009

Strawberries and Bananas

I had a freezer full of bananas and decided it was time to make some banana bread. I have a recipe that calls for 8 bananas! So, I doubled it, added all of these bananas and it turned out great! I'll put the recipe at the end of this blog...it's really good! Carissa LOVEs strawberries! I bought a new container of them and promised I would get her some "in a few minutes." Daddy, considering her plight, told her it was okay for her to get ONE for herself. When those "few minutes" had passed, this is what I found on the table.
And, for you Mom, here's the girls in their dresses! They looked so cute! Here's Anne giving you a smile... "I miss you Grandma!"



Carissa really loved her ladybug dress!



Audrey loved posing for you in her dress...so perfect for her.
Banana Bread Recipe
8 large bananas, mashed 1 cup brown sugar 3 cups flour
1/3 cup honey 2 eggs, room temperature 2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt 1/2 cup butter 2 tsp. baking soda
Mix all ingredients. Pour into greased and floured bread pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes to 1 hour. Makes 2 loaves.





2 comments:

leslie said...

That strawberry story was hilarious! Did she save you any?

Enjoying the Journey said...

Cute Easter Dresses! Girls are really fun for that aren't they?