
My girls look really sweet, and they are. They are also incredibly imaginative and they know how to "carpe diem" now that Mom is busy with the baby a lot. Recently, I was nursing Anne in the family room, thinking that Audrey and Carissa were being very quiet...always a cause for concern. Audrey came rushing frantically into the room, her eyes wide. "Mom, you have to come quick. OH! The toilet is going to overflow! Come now!!" Then she ran back toward the bathroom. She can be dramatic, and so I calmly follwed her, Anne in my arms. But she was not over reacting. The toilet was running over, flooding the floor. Carissa was standing just outside of the bathroom, looking very guilty. I noticed immediately their Polly Pocket princesses in the sink, which was full of water and soggy toilet paper. The explanation? Their dollies wanted to take a swim, Audrey thought she heard me coming and decided to transfer the soggy toilet paper from the sink to the toilet, but it was A LOT...sorry Mom. I'm still not sure why the toilet paper needed to be in the sink in the first place, but I didn't have time for the rest of the explanation, as I was mopping up the mess as quickly as I could so I could rescue the screaming and confused Anne.
2 comments:
Oh the joys of motherhood! Funny story (for us--I'm sure you'll be laughing in 5 years)!
It's always a bad sign when things are quiet. Even now, when Lindsay goes down for a nap during the day when the others are at school I catch myself thinking where's Lindsay? Sorry about the flood!
Post a Comment