Friday, August 26, 2011

Growing Up


Our girls decided to surprise us by getting dressed for bed by themselves after baths one night last week.  Apparently, their fashion was informed by the Pirates of Penzance (or maybe the Pirates Who Don't Do Anything).  I love those moments when they are giggling together and having fun.  

Arrrgh!

Does anyone else think they're a little too cute to pass as mean pirates?  (Well, maybe I should take pictures of them when they're arguing!)
It struck me as I put Elise in her car seat today that she has really grown a lot!  I just took her in for her 4-month check-up and found out she weighs 13 pounds.  Wow, the time really flies by!

It seems like I was just taking a picture of her as a newborn in her carseat  and thinking it was so big for her.  I just had to adjust the straps a little higher!

My how they grow up so quickly!

And one last snapshot of the kind of surprises we enjoy as parents...
Poor Anne  has been so tired this week, adjusting to the earlier wake time  with school starting.  We went to get her for dinner, at about 5:30, and found her sawing logs in her bedroom doorway!  She was hard to wake!

1 comment:

leslie said...

Boy Elyse is getting big! And that Ann sleeping liking that is too precious. What an awesome family.