
So, all of the sudden I understand why people buy their kids video games. My teacher friend, Joanna, and I have often commiserated together on the brain-draining effects of video games. My Mom suggested I let Audrey use our laptop so that she is familiar with computers when she starts school. I thought, "Why not try PBS Kids?" It is really fun website and now she loves playing the Curious George games. I've found out I can get her to do anything for me with the promise of time on PBS Kids. I am determined not to have the computer become a babysitter, just for the record. But I did get busy doing housework yesterday and realized I hadn't heard a word from Audrey for awhile. She was still playing Curious George games! I felt bad that it was all of the sudden easy to neglect her! And Carissa is content to just sit and watch. So, Mom is going to be more careful now! But, here is a cute picture I snapped (they thought Anne would think it was pretty awesome, too).
2 comments:
Already addicted? I think it's amazing how kids just take to computers! We were amazed when Lauren was about Audrey's age and could color coloring pages on Disney!
My kids love the computer too. Autumn learned a LOT from the super whyy (sp?) game on PBSkids. It has really helped her to learn to read. We definately limit their computer time and use it as a way to get them to do thier chores.
Post a Comment