I decided to include the girls in the housework (dusting, sweeping, laundry) so that we can spend time together and they learn that good work ethic (that's how it works, right?) A girl at church suggested I make it game, like Cinderella, and it worked! I even wore a skirt the first day we did the "let's be princesses and do all of the housework!" Needless to say, the girls loved it! And how did that translate into their minds? Yesterday, Audrey was "reading" a Cinderella book to me. When we got to the part where it says Cinderella does all of the work around the house, she piped up, "Like us!" I asked, "Like who?" And she replied, "Like me and Carissa. We do ALL of the work." I asked, "What about me? Do I do any work?" To which she replied, "Oh, yeah, you do a little."
She has also been asking us when we can have baby boys. Carissa finally figured out a solution...Daddy needs to have the next babies. Girls have girls and boys have boys, I guess!
2 comments:
How cute! Im so excited for the day when I can play princesses with my little girls! I love reading your solutions of what to do with toddlers as well, Ethan is right behind them in age and I can learn what to do with him from you! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog the other day as well!
Oh! Well no wonder we have so many girls! Way to go Cinderella's! Maybe you can really let them do ALL the work next time! Mother's get no credit! Funny girls, hope they are feeling better.
Post a Comment