Isn't this amazing!
The girls each received a wooden horse made by their Grandpa Hazelton for their 1st Christmas. We were so excited to get one for Anne on Christmas Eve.
These gifts were the highlight of our Christmas gifts.
This Christmas season has seemed blissful and amazing for us this year. We created a nativity for the girls to learn about the birth of Jesus Christ and enjoyed following along with the story in an art book with paintings depicting scenes from the scriptures. We all decided to give gifts to the Savior this year. I was touched as the girls came up with their ideas. Audrey said she would be married in the temple one day and promised to always obey and be kind. (We had to talk about how it is okay to make mistakes! But that is a beautiful sentiment). Carissa came up with something pretty sweet. She had come home from Nursery one Sunday very distraught. She was close to tears when Daddy got her, and when we got home she couldn't keep it in any longer. She was so upset that the kids had taken her toys away. Nothing consoled her until Daddy said, "You know, in our home, no one will treat you like that. Daddy wouldn't let them hurt you here." She seemed to relax, and gave him a big hug. As we talked about Christ's birth and life, I wondered how much she caught. When I asked her what her gift to Christ would be, she said, "I will make him a home, where no mean Roman soldiers can hurt him. I'll keep him safe." Mommy's heart melted. I have such sweet girls!
2 comments:
What great gifts! Isn't Wendy amazing? That is a great idea--we would have loved that when we had bunk beds! I love all the girls on their rocking horses, too! Your Dad is very talented and thoughtful! Looks like a perfect Christmas!
WOW! I'm going to have to take a closer look at that castle. My boys are jealous and I'm probably going to have to figure out how to make that. I don't know if I can . . . I'm not up to Wendy's craftiness.
Looks like you had a fun Christmas. It was great to talk to you all.
Post a Comment