Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Triple Overtime

Peter's team won their first game last night...in triple overtime! I got to hear the excitement as he somehow pushed the redial button on his cell phone and called me. It was pretty loud. I heard the head coach yelling "Attack! Attack!" I guess that is the name of the play they were running.


And, just a funny...I read my sister-in-law, Julie's, post about her two-year-old nibbling on the sprinkles on a cookie scented candle (they do smell so good!) My girls have tried a bite out of my cookie-scented wax circles (the ones that you just melt in the warmer). And we just recently found out just how good Audrey's sniffer is. Here's the story:


They love the "Enchanted" movie. Except that Carissa has been pretty afraid of that Ogre at the beginning (I know, funny that the witch isn't as scary to her). The other night, she was so afraid to go to sleep and have us leave the room, afraid that an ogre would sneak in. I had, coincidentally, just read that you can spray some perfume and tell your child it is monster spray. I found some body spray I never wear that is pretty mild and had them convinced it would keep the ogres away (complete with the explanation that they had to stay in their beds...if they got up and opened the door the spray would leak out and wouldn't work). The next night, Peter was putting them down to bed and couldn't find the spray, so he just grabbed a cologne he hasn't worn for quite some time. Audrey commented, "Daddy, that smells just like Uncle Joshie." Sure enough, that is the cologne that my brother wears. The next morning, Audrey started to giggle and said to me, "Mommy, that sure is funny that Joshie wears ogre spray!"


Never a dull moment.

4 comments:

Enjoying the Journey said...

That is a great story! I love how kids put all their trust in what their parents say! Nice one on the spray--I'll bet it makes their room smell great, too!

The Clarke Clan said...

That was a good laugh, my side started hurting!! Cute idea!!

Katie Phillips said...

Mandy,

This is Katie Phillips from the old Wymount ward, BYU 37th! I hope you don't mind my snooping, but it's so fun to find blogs of people I know. You may or may not remember us Phillips. Peter was our home teacher, and we really enjoyed having him as our home teacher. Anyway, I have a blog, but it's private, so e-mail me and I'd be happy to invite you to view it! kfwphillips@hotmail.com

La Mujer Loca said...

Way to go, Pete! Is he enjoying coaching? Love the ogre spray. So funny.