First, our fun news...Peter is now the Assistant Basketball Coach at his Junior High. He loves it! They are doing try-outs as we speak, and he said it was so funny today at school to see all of the boys at school calling out, "HI, Coach!"...maybe hoping that would help them make the cut!
The tag is to list 6 quirks, which I'm sure I have but Peter could probably do better at pointing them out!
The first one I think of is that I have to read everything. And I always have to be reading. I didn't realize I did this until a friend pointed it out and then assured me she noticed because she does the same thing. For instance, I always read everything on our cereal cartons and Soy Milk cartons and I actually get excited when there is something new. Did you know how many things you can make with Grape Nuts?
I love to sleep on my back. It's my favorite way to sleep, which makes pregnancy a challenge for me. I almost never sleep on my stomach.
Another sleeping quirk...I always have to have at least a sheet covering me, no matter how hot I am. It makes me feel secure. I guess this would deter a burlgar from attacking me if he broke in!!
This is getting hard to think of more...so I will steal one of Julie's. I am also incredibly indecisive, especially at restaurants. I think this is a sign of intelligence, though. (Of course, Julie, right?) I can see the costs and benefits of every decision.
Is it a quirk that I'm directionally challenged? I got lost countless times in Tampa when I first moved there. I even drove over the same really long bridge into St. Petersburg twice trying to find my exit, and then didn't realize I was driving onto a military base until I was surround by gun-wielding men in uniforms telling me to stop. I was escorted off of the base (how did I miss that check-point?) and they gave me direction on how to get home. I didn't live near the St. Petersburg exit, it turns out.
Last one...I surmise a lot. Peter noticed that if I don't get the details from someone who tells me a story, I add what I think happened when I re-tell it to him. I'm usually wrong and he gets a good laugh when I figure out what really happened. I think it's people like me who accidently get rumors started!!
There's nothing like being married to someone who knows everything about you to find out how weird you are, and then to be amazed how much you are (still) loved!
2 comments:
Very, very interesting. The things you find out about your family.
Oh, and, "Hi Coach."
I loved reading about your quirks--by the way--they are all good ones, I find myself relating a lot on these quirk entries. What does that say about me?
Way to go Pete on the coaching job! I'm sure that is very exciting. I'm with Steph, "Hi, Coach!"
Post a Comment